Here are my top hints and tips to help you better your experience of meditation and hopefully encourage you to practice every other day, if not every day.
- Create a place in your home that is quiet and private, a place where you won’t be disturbed.
- Decide on your reason for sitting down to meditate. Every meaningful action requires a purpose.
- Try to meditate first thing in the morning. Your mind will be less stressed and even a little quieter.
- Always begin with your breath. Don’t necessarily change it just observe how your breath breathes you. You will immediately feel more relaxed.
- Make a decision that your practice is an important part of your day. Give it as much importance as work and exercise.
The Rest Of Your Life
- When your mind wants you to jump up and do something you’ve “forgotten to do” just gently tell it that you will do it when you have finished your practice.
- Make sure you are perfectly comfortable so you can forget about your physical body and focus on what is happening within. Sitting or lying down, it doesn’t matter, comfort is the main thing.
- It is said that it takes 30 days to create a habit, so commit to doing your meditation for 30 days then you will be well on your way to including it in your life for the rest of your life.
- Use the guided meditations for free on Youtube or download them from this site, until you feel like going it alone.
- You might enjoy meditating with a friend or with your partner, try it and see if it works well for you both. But don’t become competitive, decide on the length of time before you start and use a timer.